Meatless Monday: Stuffed Potatoes with Avocado Salsa
This recipe is adapted from Chloe Coscarelli’s cookbook.
- 10 small (2″ diameter) new potatoes, red or white
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 avocados, diced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbs red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat the open to 375 degrees.
- Toss potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread potatoes on a large baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes (or until tender). Remove from oven and let rest until they are cool to the touch.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the center with a spoon or melon baller.
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees. Place the potato skins cut side up on a large baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes (until the edges are crisp).
- In a medium bowl, add the avocado and gently add in the lemon juice, tomato, red onion, cilantro, salt, cumin, and a little bit of pepper. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stuff each potato skin with a spoonful of avocado salsa. Serve immediately.
Yum! The perfect thing to make as an appetizer or bring to a potluck!